Tuesday, December 2, 2014

HTML: Honestly Though, My Life...

I'm not one of those girls that's going to like, shy away from hard work and dedication. I mean, my parents definitely instilled in me a sense of right and wrong. Like a girl doesn't need anyone who fucking doesn't need her, ya know?

So when I set out this semester to learn HTML, I was thinking, like, honestly, I know this may not what I want out of life, but it can like, certainly further my future.

Event Planning is my passion. There's honestly nothing like the high of putting up decorations and having people stand around them. I legit, like, dream about it at night. I remember the first, like, party party that I went to, where people were like fucking classy and shit. It was a 20s party for my parent's anniversary about seven years ago. Fucking Yolanda like had to bring her fucking son to the thing because apparently, as she put it, "their house burned down." Like, honestly, we're not the type of family to make a scene, so we just let her and fucking Guillermo stay as long as they didn't eat or touch anything. Anyway, the party was like, legit, so fucking beautiful. I remember looking up at the string lights on our balcony thinking wow, this is like, legit, what I want to do.

Honestly, I believe life happens for a reason. Like, good girls rarely make history. So I start, like, doing some heavy research as to how to learn HTML. And, honestly, like, there's nothing a book can teach me that life experience can't replace. I eventually met this computer programmer who was like... OK, I don't want to sound like I'm like the shit or anything, but, like, legit, a lot of people have said that 50 Shades of Grey is based on our life. I'm honestly just saying. This guy was like, super wealthy, super handsome, had a super fucked up childhood which resulted in him, like, not being able to process his feelings properly or whatever. And I'm like the sweet, but naive girl who like has her head on straight and is like super passionate. And like, I get how this is like coming off, or whatever, and I'm so, like, not that girl, ya know?

Anyway,  one day during "feeding time" as he called it I asked him about HTML and coding and we had, like, a super fulfilling one-sided conversation about life in general and our dreams and ambitions. I told him about my Event Planning website I wanted to start and like the next day he like smashed my laptop with a hammer. And, like, that gesture alone meant more to me than anything a book or fucking Yolanda's ass ever taught me.

The moral of the story, honestly, is that I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I get to be a woman in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment